No company can ignore the growing importance of mobile devices and the necessity to be in touch with the consumer at the right time in the buying cycle.
80% of the population do not leave home without their mobile device and 61% of smartphone owners do web searches on their smartphone every day (up to 15 hours a week).
Google Ads campaign steps
- Write a value proposition ad (product or service)
- Choose keywords or search expressions linked to your ad
- Define a daily budget (PPC)
- Display your ad on Google (above or beside organic search results)
Benefits of a Google Ad
- Your company will be known at a local level
- You can adapt your ad campaign to search results
- Reach new clients at the right time in their buying process
- Get in touch with clients independent of the device used (tablet, desktop, mobile devices)
- Measure your ad campaign’s return on investment
Google Ads can allow you to increase your website visit numbers, in-coming calls volume and grow your web sales.
Increase the calls to your company
Call extensions generate on average a 6 to 8% increase in click rates. It is possible to add a telephone number as a clickable call button in your Google ads ad. For call campaign, ads are only displayed on smartphones. The call’s cost is the same as the CPC standard. You give Internet users permission to call you, even when they are on the move. PPC mobile ad campaigns allow you to be displayed in the first search results and reach Internet users about to leave home, looking for practical information and often very inclined to make a buy.
How to start your mobile Google Ads campaign?
- Establish SMART objectives
SMART means: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timed.
PPC is based on results and clearly defined reachable objectives, for example:
- Increase the number of visits to your website
- Increase the number of conversions
- Improve the click rates
- Reduce shopping cart drop rates (for e-commerce websites).
Your mobile marketing strategy should align with your business objectives. You can also concentrate on lead generation such as generating more calls or more searches of your company on Google Maps.
- Define your target audience
A targeted audience will help you reach the right people searching for your products or services at the right time in a competitive market. A solid understanding of search context; time, geotargeting and the device on which the search is performed – will allow you to choose the most pertinent search expressions for your ads.
Ask the right questions:
Who are your prospects and clients (age, gender, location, education level, average salary, etc.)?
What are they looking for or trying to achieve? What are their buying habits and interests?
When do they connect and search for information about your products or services and your company?
Where are they physically and virtually located? Where do they live, shop and where can you reach them (media networks, search engines, etc.)?
Why are they looking for this type of information and are you the best choice to satisfy their needs?
These answers will allow you to define your market and guide your advertising creative choices.
- Determine your keywords
Keywords or key sentences are at the heart of your mobile PPC campaign. These allow Google and other search engines to know which request your ad should respond to, what are your relevant products and services, and which moment your ad should be displayed. Keep in mind that more than half of the consumers doing a search on mobile devices are likely to buy in the next hour, so the right keywords are critical to meet this demand. Do not forget to include negative keywords i.e. keywords and sentences for which you don’t want your ad to be displayed for, you will reduce your daily budget by eliminating pointless clicks.
- Adapt your ads and landing pages to mobile
93% of Internet users doing a search go to a store following a mobile search. Designing your ads and landing pages to answer their expectations is the key to the success of your mobile advertising campaign. Adapting the design of an ad or landing page to mobile is not enough anymore: it should also use your keywords and talk directly to mobile users.
Best practices in terms of Google Ads for mobile:
- Maximize your ROI by offering your target audience the mobile experience they expect
- Activate ad extensions. It will have a stronger impact on your campaign performance.
- Use keywords to incite prospects to act quickly.
- Propose exclusive offers to mobile users.
- Analyze performance, test and constantly optimize your campaign.
- Define your key measures and the objectives you can reach.
Google Ads mobile apps for marketing professionals
Since the beginning of 2015, Google Ads mobile apps have allowed you to stay informed about your current ad campaigns wherever you are, from your Androïd smartphone. This allows you to easily consult your ads performance and ensure they are seen even when you are on the move with the help of a simplified version of your desktop account.
- Receive alerts and notifications in real time
- Update your bidding and PPC budgets
- Consult stats of your ad campaigns
- Improve your ads with the help of suggestions
As mentioned by Matt Lawson, Google Ads marketing director, at the Google Adwords Performance Summit 2015: “We look at our mobile device over 150 times a day. In todays’ connected world, a consumer expects that all his needs are satisfied via his mobile device”.
Studies show that 57% of consumers will not recommend a brand if its website is not responsive and 40% will switch to a competitor following a bad mobile experience.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get in touch with Amauta Marketing today at (514) 907-2131 for all your Google Ads mobile campaigns.