When we refer to web marketing, often time it is in opposition to traditional marketing but in fact, there are complementary. However, investing all your budget exclusively in web marketing is not the best move because comes a time when it becomes important to devirtualize the relationship with a prospect before closing a sale. It is particularly true in the B2B sector where the role of representatives is still essential, and the trust relationship with clients is paramount. Whatever the market in which you evolve, now a days, web marketing is inescapable.
Web advertising vs traditional advertising?
Here are the traditional communication supports:
- Printed promotional material (brochures, leaflets, posters, etc.)
- Direct mail
- POS (Point-of-sale) material in your store or at one of your partners
- Traditional media advertising: TV, radio, newspaper, billboards, directories, etc.
- Events (salons, fairs, seminars, conferences etc.)
And here are the web supports :
- Email marketing: newsletters or promotional offers to client database
- Company website
- Search engine optimization (SEO) on Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Keywords campaigns buys with Google AdWords and Bing Ads
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Web advertising: banner purchases on other websites
- Remarketing and retargeting: while visiting a page dotted with cookies, the Internet user is identified and contacted on another website by an advertisement linked to the subject of his initial visit.
- Social media presence, advertising or promotional offer purchases via mobile platforms – it is referred as SOLOMO – SOcial, LOcal, MObile.
- Web videos and keywords campaigns on YouTube.
This IAB study on Growth trends in web advertising revenues is very eloquent because we realize that investments in web media have kept increasing over the last 10 years. Furthermore, investments in other traditional medias (Television, Newspapers, Radio) have experienced the opposite since 2011-2012. Newspapers are going through an unprecedented crisis linked to its paper format and need reinventing itself to survive the digital wave.
More Investment in new media in Quebec
The advertising budget dedicated to the web is on the rise and even exceed traditional medias (such as TV) since 2013. And there’s a good reason, traditional mass advertising is very expensive, doesn’t allow for targeted campaigns like on the Internet and its return on investment is less important and difficult to measure.
8 opportunities offered by web advertising
- Reduction of your advertising expenditures
- Development of personalized advertising
- Targeting of niche markets
- Gaining high conversion rates
- Evaluating easily client acquisition costs
- Standing out from your competition
- Measuring results in real time
- Optimizing return on your advertising campaigns
Zoom on mobile advertising: the way to standout from your competition
A 2015 highlight: mobile traffic has exceeded computer traffic in Quebec reaching 51% of total traffic. Without a doubt, your website has to be responsive to offer ease of navigation and unique users experience on smartphone and tablet. You cannot ignore anymore the mobinautes and you should adapt to new technologies in perpetual evolution in this age of web 3.0. So, as you all know since last April, Google has given lots of importance in its natural referencing (PageRank) to Mobile Friendly websites. To know more on this new Google algorithm, you can read this previously published article: https://www.amautamarketing.com/google-lance-un-nouvel-algorithme-prenant-en-compte-le-mobile/ “We estimate that the total advertising spending in mobile advertising worldwide will be close to $18 billions of dollars in 2013, a 105% increase versus 2012.We forecast that expenses will keep increasing by 75.1 % to reach $31 billions of dollars in 2014. Google is the big winner since he gets more than 50% of the revenues generated by these advertising investments. Global mobile ad spends jumped 105% in 2013, on track for $31.5B in 2014, led by Google, says eMarketer” by Tech Crunch.
Web advertising budget in full bloom
Web marketing occupies a more and more important place in the marketing strategy and budget because it regroups snapshot and highly targeted communication means to reach more and more connected prospects. Companies who will know how to take this digital turn and design efficient digital strategies, will be in better position than their competition and experience stable growth in their market. That’s why the web has become the privileged communication tool, vs other traditional supports, for Quebec and Canada advertisers since 2013.
What about you? What’s your web strategy? How do you split your advertising budget? If you need advices to put together a coherent web strategy, establish a budget or use our Search engine optimization (SEO) or web advertising (Google Ads) services, get in touch with us at Amauta Marketing at (514) 907-2131.