Small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) often have to deal with a lot of problems on their way to being successful. One of these problems is the need for effective digital marketing strategies that can produce a high return on investment (ROI) and raise brand awareness. Google Ads can help with this. In this guide for beginners, we’ll talk about what Google Ads are, why they’re important for your business, and how to create your first campaign.
How do Google Ads work?
Google Ads is an online advertising platform made by Google. It lets businesses make ads and show them to people who are looking for similar goods or services. These ads can show up on Google’s Search Network, Display Network, and other partner sites. Advertisers can show their ads to the right people based on keywords, demographics, hobbies, and more.
Why Should Small and Medium-Sized Businesses Use Google Ads?
- Google Ads can help your business show up at the top of search results when potential customers look for goods or services like yours. This can bring more people to your website, which can lead to a higher sales rate.
- Pay-per-click (PPC), which is how Google Ads works, means you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This makes sure that you only pay for traffic that is relevant and interested, making Google Ads a cheap way for SMEs to advertise.
- Targeted advertising: With Google Ads, you can reach specific groups of people based on their location, age, gender, hobbies, and more. This means you can target your ads on people who are more likely to buy from you, which increases your chances of being successful.
- Easy to track: Google Ads gives you a lot of information to help you figure out how well your ads are doing. Metrics like clicks, impressions, and conversions can be tracked to help you make your ads work better.
How to make your first Google Ads campaign
- Set up a Google Ads account: To get started, you’ll need to set up a Google Ads account. Go to the Google Ads site to sign up. If you already have a Google account, you can use that, or you can make a new one if you need to.
- Set Your Goals: It’s important to set your advertising goals before you start your first campaign. Do you want more people to visit your website, more sales, or more people to know about your brand? If you know what your goals are, you’ll be able to choose the right settings and tactics for your campaign.
- Choose the type of campaign you want to run. Google Ads has many different types of campaigns, such as Search, Display, Video, Shopping, and App. Choose the one that fits your goals and the people you want to reach.
- Set Your Budget: Figure out how much money you want to put into your Google Ads strategy. You can set a daily budget, and Google will make sure that your spending stays within that limit. Keep in mind that your actual spending could be a little different based on the competition and other things.
- Choose Who You Want to Reach: Google Ads lets you choose who you want to reach based on things like area, age, gender, interests, and more. Make your ads as detailed as you can so they reach the right people.
- Choose Your Keywords: In Google Ads, keywords are very important because they help decide when your ad will show up in search results. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to do keyword study and find your business’s most relevant and high-traffic keywords.
- How to Make Your Ads: Write a catchy ad that shows off your unique selling points and has a clear call to action (CTA). Remember to keep your ads short and focused on what the customer will get out of it.
- Set up Conversion Tracking: Set up conversion tracking in Google Ads to see how well your ads are doing. This will show you which ads and keywords lead to the most conversions, which will help you make your efforts more effective.